Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Living LIFE with total acceptance!

"When I take a long look at my life, as though from outside, it does not appear particularly happy. Yet I am even less justified in calling it unhappy, despite all its mistakes. After all, it is foolish to keep probing for happiness or unhappiness, for it seems to me it would be hard to exchange the unhappiest days of my life for all the happy ones. If what matters in a person’s existence is to accept the inevitable consciously, to taste the good and bad to the full and to make for oneself a more individual, unaccidental and inward destiny alongside one’s external fate, then my life has been neither empty nor worthless. Even if, as it is decreed by the gods, fate has inexorably trod over my external existence as it does with everyone, my inner life has been of my own making . I deserve its sweetness and bitterness and accept full responsibility for it." ~ Hermann Hesse, Gertrude

I feel blessed, I never look at what others have and I don't, but I try and learn to appreciate what I have and have had everyday and in my past ! The 'given present' is so worthy of our attention that if one is so engrossed in it, one would never ever be unhappy with life.I always say to people don't just look ahead.... look behind you! ''there are so many who do not have what you do"

As I always quote from the hoarding Vijay Merchant had put up a s a president of the Society for Handicapped...
It showed a boy weeping , sitting on a broken wall... and a slogan below..
which said...'' I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a boy without feet"

Amen ! Ameen ! Thathastu!

No comments: